Energy – Osnabrück:Additional charges against former wind power entrepreneurs
Directly from DPA News Channel
Osnabrück (DPA/LNI) — The Osnabrück Public Prosecutor has filed a second charge against former wind power entrepreneur Hendrik Holt and four other accused. You are said to have defrauded two companies, including the Czech energy company, totaling 4.4 million euros, a spokesman for the Osnabrück Public Prosecutor said on Thursday. It was first reported by the “New Osnabrücker Zeitung”.
After a year-long investigation, the Public Prosecutor’s Office had already filed allegations of fraudulent wind power projects in April. Holt and his associates are said to have committed collective and commercial fraud in five counts between October 25, 2019, and February 10, 2020. You are said to have defrauded the German subsidiaries of an Italian and a Scottish energy company with several forged documents. According to the Public Prosecutor’s Office, both companies had then invested in non-existent wind power projects. Four bogus projects were sold to both investors at the same time. Both energy companies lost about 6 million euros.
According to a spokesman for the Osnabrück Regional Court, both charges should be tried together if possible. The second allegation should be investigated first. Therefore, the date of the main hearing has not been fixed yet.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210701-99-22235/2
Coffee enthusiast. Travel scholar. Infuriatingly humble zombie fanatic. Thinker. Professional twitter evangelist.