There BBC List of seven cities public this morning United Kingdomwho have officially applied for hostingEurovision Song Contest 2023,
was announced during Zoe Ball Breakfast Show broadcast on bbc radio 2 With the intervention of the executive supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest Martin Osterdahl. he joined them Scott MillsSemi-final commentator for the British broadcaster.
Below is a list of seven cities:
- Birmingham (England)
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- Leeds (England)
- liverpool (England)
- manchester (England)
- Newcastle (England)
- sheffield (England)
Introducing the Sensational Seven! I
One of these cities will host #eurovision 2023!
— Eurovision Song Contest (@Eurovision) 12 August 2022
There BBC Confirmed that 20 cities have expressed interest in hostingEurovision 2023, but only 7 was selected. Applications came from all the UK home nations: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. All candidate cities displayed what kind of culture, music and community they would celebrateUkrainethe winner ofEurovision Song Contest of this year.
As is known, in fact, at the end of July, l ‘EBU And this BBC confirmed thatEurovision Song Contest 2023 will be hosted in United Kingdom From Ukraine’s winning broadcaster of the year UA: PBC, The decision was taken after examining the possibility of hosting the competition in UkraineGiven the impossibility for security reasons.
The 7 cities have been selected on the basis of their ability to meet a set of minimum requirements which demonstrate that they have the capability, skills and experience to host an event of this scale and complexity. Given the short period of time available prior to the receipt of the event, the selection process was oriented towards demonstrating past experience in hosting large international events, as well as one’s ability to demonstrate one’s credentials in hosting a festival of contemporary music.
The 7 selected host cities will now move to the second and final phase, where they will be asked to develop their offerings in more detail. host city selectionEurovision Song Contest 2023 will be decided by BBC with the support ofEBU And the winning city will be announced in the fall.
The final decision on the winning host city will be determined by the city or region that receives highest score with respect to an agreed evaluation criterion, assessed by BBC,
Requirements for hosting the Eurovision Song Contest
right away Certain Criteria Established by EBUWhich candidate cities must possess:
- An international airport no more than 90 minutes from the city.
- More than 2 000 hotel rooms in the area close to the event.
- A covered infrastructure (stadium/venue/centre) capable of hosting between 8,000 and 10,000 spectators.
- Security infrastructure, a press center for at least 1,000 journalists, a delegation area including dressing rooms, staff facilities and offices, a hospitality area, public services such as toilets and points of sale of food and drink, etc.
- A city or region’s commitment to hosting the event, including financial contributions.
- Strengths of cultural offer, including local and regional activities and presentation of Ukrainian culture and music.
- Alignment with the BBC’s strategic priorities as a public service broadcaster, such as providing quality to all viewers and supporting the creative economy in the UK.
You may also be interested in
Coffee enthusiast. Travel scholar. Infuriatingly humble zombie fanatic. Thinker. Professional twitter evangelist.