The California virus outbreak has been linked to an illegal basketball incident

The California virus outbreak has been linked to an illegal basketball incident

A coron coronavirus case broke out in Santa Clara County during an illegal youth basketball tournament last month, public health officials said Friday. , Santa Clara Public Health Announced. They include 39 middle and high school players, three coaches and “35” additional contacts, officials said in a news release. An additional 1 case outside Santa Clara County has also been investigated in the tournament. State orders for youth sports during the epidemic, officials said. “Public health commands, guidelines and guidance on contact sports and sporting events are one of the reasons,” said Dr. Monica Roy, assistant public health officer in Santa Clara County. . ”The California Department of Public Health has begun an investigation into the implementation of the tournament. The operator, according to the news release. CourtSite owners could not be reached for comment. The Centre’s website said the facility would remain closed until further notice “for precaution and safety of all with a statewide lockdown”. ”

An outbreak of 77 coronavirus cases in Santa Clara County was found at an illegal youth basketball tournament held last month in Plcerser County, public health officials said Friday.

Positive testers attended the lin and Nov. November event at the Culin’s Courtside Basketball Center Law Center, Santa Clara Public Health announced. That includes 39 middle and high school players, three coaches and 35 “additional contacts,” officials said in a news release.

An additional 17 cases outside of Santa Clara County have also been detected in the tournament.

The incident violated local and state orders for youth sports during the epidemic, officials said.

See also  Mancini is on a plane with The National, the Scottish newspaper that compares him to Braveheart - Corriere.it

“Public health commands, directives and guidance around sports and sporting events, for a reason. The risk of transmission in these settings could easily lead to a community outbreak that threatens to be the most vulnerable of us, ”said Dr. Monica Roy, assistant public health officer in Santa Clara County.

The California Department of Public Health has begun an enforcement investigation involving the tournament’s administrator, the news release said.

Courtside owners could not be reached for comment. The Centre’s website said the facility would remain closed until further notice “for a statewide lockdown and for the safety of all”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here