Due to several cases of coronovirus in the French ranks, a decision will be taken on Wednesday about the match against Scotland (Sunday, 4pm). Meanwhile, the Scots are eager to play properly this Sunday.
A meeting which is not yet able to be held on the scheduled date. This Sunday, at 4:00 pm, France will face Scotland as part of the third day of the six-nation tournament. After the first victory in Rome, against Italy (10–50), on 6 February, France’s XV again with a second success, on 14 February, for Dublin, against Ireland (13–15). After nine days, things have changed, unfortunately not in the right direction for the Blues.
Indeed, for several days, some French players and other members of the technical staff have tested positive for coronavirus. This Monday, it is also six new players at one time who joined the ranks of the squads for the match against Scotland. They are Captain Charles Olivan, but also Bryce Dulin, Romain Taofifenua, Cyril Ballet, as well as Peeto Mouwac but Baptiste Pesenti, who were yet to be called.
Consequently, this question still remains due to the possible postponement of this duel against Scotland. A final decision is expected on Wednesday. Meanwhile, this Monday evening, the Scottish Rugby Federation issued a statement, clearly indicating that it does not want this postponement: ” The Scottish national team continued their preparations to face France in Paris this Sunday. Our players, coaches and supporters expect the match to be played as planned within the tournament schedule initially announced. The postponement of the match will affect players’ availability and agreements with clubs. A situation that could see more than ten Scottish players unavailable for selection if the match was postponed. We are working closely with our partners from 6 nations to support the event of the match this weekend, as long as it can be done under healthy conditions. “
Amateur web specialist. General food junkie. Typical zombie enthusiast. Avid music trailblazer. Lifelong explorer.