Twice he has defied the instructions he himself gave to Scottish citizens. Eventually, Prime Minister Nicola Sturgeon had to accept his resignation after several attempts to allow him to remain in the Health Emergency Task Force. Scottish Government Health Advisor for Coronovirus, Drs. Catherine Calderwood, will no longer attend press points with the Prime Minister and will no longer be the face of public information campaigns to prevent infection.
Outrage over civilians and opposition parties after Scottish version of British tabloid Sun Have published some pictures of the Doctor visiting Ellie and Earlsfree, a town on the North Sea more than an hour from Edinburgh, where Calderwood usually resides. In the Fife region, among the ancestors of Scotland’s northern coast, is the Doctor’s second home: last weekend she joined him with the entire family from the capital.
In fact, Calderwood has ignored the same provisions that he used to divide himself among all media, to avoid unnecessary media. After the first outcry of public opinion, it was revealed that this was the second time that a government advisor had broken the rules to access his holiday home during lockdown.
Try to place
“I have not followed the advice given to others – Calderwood said in the general press point on Sunday 5 April – and I apologize for that”. In the morning he received an official call from the Scottish Police. Despite this, Prime Minister Sturgeon tried to defend the doctor throughout the day, declaring that “everyone, including me, will make mistakes in the unprecedented period we are experiencing.”
Various attempts to make citizens advisors, however, did not help. In the evening, with pressure from the opposition, Calderwood had to resign, even though Sturgeon spent the entire day emphasizing how “precious” the doctor’s experience was in dealing with the epidemic.
Yesterday at 10 pm on 5 April, the final confirmation arrived: “I announced my resignation from the role of health advisor to the government, Caldwood said – I am deeply sorry for my actions and mistakes. I agree with the Prime Minister I believe that my behavior can distract the government and doctors from their jobs. Working so hard to deal with the epidemic is the last thing I want. ‘
- Scotland, derailment of the train: «Extremely severe accident». Engine driver killed, injured – video
- Coronavirus in the world: real-time news
- Socialist but not “Corbinista”. Who is the new labor leader sir kir starrer
- Coronavirus, COP26 Climate Conference adjourned until 2021. Is this bad news or an opportunity?
- Shock in Britain: Boris Johnson Positive. Government in quarantine. 4.2% decrease in London
- London, shock declaration: “If we do good work, we will die less than 20 thousand”
- Over 1.2 million cases worldwide. Over 42,000 positives in the UK. New deaths are happening in spain
- Coronaviruses, even in Tuscany, will be mandatory for the mask. The governor is working on an ad-hoc ordinance
- Coronavirus, 525 dead: less than yesterday. The total increases to 15,887. The new positives are constant: 2,972. Nearly 130 thousand people affected – Civil Security Bulletin
- The background of the concip contract for the mask won by a convict
- Odyssey, Fear, Inquiry: Three words for three “interminable” trips back to Italy – Video
- Coronavirus, Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar will return to the ward as a doctor (once a week)
- Coronavirus, Piazza Afari opens with a strong surge, European lists sprint awaiting Europigroup: recession in epidemic bodes well for stock exchanges
- Coronaviruses, tax evasion, aid to businesses and the end of the school year: what is in today’s Council of Ministers’ decisions
- How serological tests work to obtain an “immune license”
Devoted problem solver. Tv advocate. Avid zombie aficionado. Proud twitter nerd. Subtly charming alcohol geek.