Bundesliga: Zion hope Diaby stays – start without newcomers

Bundesliga: Zion hope Diaby stays - start without newcomers

Status: 06/27/2022 1:47 PM

Coach Gerardo Zion strongly believes attacking star Moussa Diaby will stay with Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen.

“We know that things can happen in football that we cannot affect. But I am confident that Mousta will be with us,” the Swiss said after the team’s first training session before the new season.

“Moust is very happy here. He knows what he has at the club and gets the right praise from all of us,” said Sione. “So I’m not worried that there’s something we don’t know about.” The France international is said to be watched by several top European clubs, but Bayer certainly won’t sell him for less than €100 million.

In the case of Chile’s Charles Aranguez, who is willing to immigrate, Zion hopes to stay as well. Michelle Weiser, who was last loaned to Werder Bremen and surprisingly trained on Monday, will probably still go. “It is in the player’s interest to continue playing,” said Zion: “The next two or three weeks will show where his path is going.” Ex-national player Nadeem Amiri, who was there for individual training at Genoa following the expiration of his loan, should still have left.

start with no new people

Meanwhile, the start went off without any new signings, as the only newcomer, Czech attacking talent Adam Holozek, is still on leave due to his international performances. His compatriot, top scorer Patrick Schick was also out for summer break after a minor groin surgery, but it is expected to start in the near future. Meanwhile, injured Jeremy Frimpong, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Karim Bellarabi and Kerem Demirbe were present for the opener at the end of the season. According to Zion, Amin Adli should start team training in two to three weeks.

See also  Color blind fans complain about shirt

The South American Paulinho and Aranguez were not there yet. Brazilians have not been able to return home due to illness, Chile due to transportation problems.

No pressure with injured Wirtz

No pressure should be put during the rehabilitation of injured national player Florian Wirtz. He reassured Zion. “The most important thing is that he recovers again. This is the most important thing for his career. And for us as well,” said the coach.

The Swiss had previously said that after rupturing the cruciate ligament on March 13, he no longer expected the 19-year-old to play the extraordinary talent this year. “If he plays two more games in November, that’s fine. But it’s important that he is set up correctly,” Sione said now. Due to the World Cup in Qatar, this time the winter break is starting in mid-November.

“If he’s in top health after six months, we won’t delay anything artificially,” Koch also said: “But you can’t predict much after an operation like this. Maybe four months everything will be fine and then there comes a point where something creates problems. It was not like this until now. But it is not that stressful in the beginning. When the build-up comes, it could be something else.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here