Munich – The first countries, along with Australia, Wales, South Africa, as well as France and England, have already bought their quarter-final tickets to the Rugby World Cup.
Next Saturday’s rugby fest turns into a bitter loss with the cancellation of two matches. The group game between England and France and the match between New Zealand and Italy was canceled due to the super typhoon. The only match between Ireland and Samoa can be streamed live on ProSieben MAXX and ran.de from 10.45am. Will be done.
Ireland Vs. Samoa (Group A)
- Click here for livestream
- Ireland and Samoa meet for the seventh time in a Test match and the Irish have won five of the first six doubles (including a loss in 1996). In the World Cup, this is the first encounter between the two teams.
- Ireland have won ten of their last eleven group matches at the Rugby World Cup, but their only loss during that period was against Japan.
- Samoa has lost the last ten matches in the Rugby World Championship against teams in the Tier 1 tier – the last win was against Wales in 1999.
- The Irish met a team from Oceania for the first time since their 15:6 win over Australia at the 2011 Rugby World Cup. The victory eight years earlier ended a series of five consecutive defeats against representatives of the region.
- In Samoa’s last game against a European team, the team went without a point for the first time in a World Cup game, in 0:34 against Scotland in the second match of the current tournament. It was also Samoa’s biggest defeat against a rival from Europe.
- Ireland last ran 589m against Russia, the third highest selection in their World Cup history. Only in 2015 against Canada (732) and in 2011 against Russia (976) were more.
- In Samoa’s games in the current competition, with only four attempts before the break (1 for Samoa, 3 for opponents), no other team had so few attempts in the first 40 minutes of the 2019 World Cup.
- Ireland’s Rory Best could catch up with Ronan O’Gara, who is third among Ireland’s record players, on his 14th outing. Only Paul O’Connell and Brian O’Driscoll (17 each) played more World Cup games for Ireland.
- Tussi Pisi has scored 57 points in World Cup games, just six points short of being the highest-scoring player for Samoa in World Cup history (Silao Legalesolo stands at 62). Since 2 points (4 points) in the opening game against Russia, his field on the scoreboard has remained empty.
- Rob Kearney has 98 carries in World Cup games and can reach 100 points as the 5th Irishman. As far as meter cover is concerned, he is already No. 1 in his country at the World Championships (706).
Do you want the most important football news, videos and data right on your smartphone? Then get the new Run app with push notifications for live events.
here it is app store for download App for iPad and iPhone.
here it is google-play-store zoom download Run app for android smartphone.
Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.