Since 20 April, stadiums have seen their spectators vanish and matches have been fought in almost all closed doors. This absence of supporters has strongly modified the results of the teams as the percentage of home wins in 66 European leagues fell to 42% between April 1, 2020 and January 18, 2021, According to the CIES survey, the football observatory’s website.
Two madrid clubs in the lead
The latter has also ranked the best home teams in five major European championships since April 20 (Germany, England, Spain, Italy, France). One ranking is dominated by two Spanish clubs, Atletico Madrid (86.7% wins in 15 games) and Real Madrid (85.7% wins, 14 games).
Paris SG ranks fifth, with 72.7% success. Four other Ligue 1 clubs are in the top 20: Monaco, Lily, (tied for 13th place, 63.6% wins), Lyon and… Stade Brestois (17th, tied for 60% wins).
Stead Brestoa is better than Barca
Of the ten matches played at home since the start of the season, Olivier Dall’Aligio’s men have won six (Lorient, Monaco, Lille, Saint-Otine, Reims and Nees), once (Montpellier) and on three occasions. Defeated (Marseille, Strasbourg and Rennes). A record that allows them to progress, in particular, FC Barcelona, Tottenham, Arsenal, Dortmund or Manchester United.
Glasgow Rangers and Bodo / Glimet Flawless
It should also be noted, and still according to the CIES, two European teams have won all their matches “at home” since 20 April, with Bodo / Glimt (Norway, 15 wins) and Glasgow Rangers (Scotland, 12 wins). While six continental formations have not won since the beginning of the period, including Dejon (six draws and six defeats in five matches).
European Top 20 (out of five major championships)
1. Atlético Madrid (Spain, 86.7% wins, 15 games)
2. Real Madrid (Spain, 85.7%, 14)
3. Bayern Munich (Almelan, 83.3%, 12)
4. Manchester City (Angler, 81,3%, 16)
5. Paris SG (72.7%, 11)
6. Liverpool (England, 71.4%, 14)
7. AS Roma, Inter Milan, Bergamo (Italy, 68.8%, 16)
10. Sevilla FC (Spain), Juventus Turin, Naples (Italy, 66.7%, 15)
13. Monaco Lily (France, 63.6%, 11)
15. Milan AC (Italy, 62.5%, 16)
16. Chelsea (England, 61.5%, 13)
17. Brest, Leon (France, 60%, 10)
19. Tottenham (England, 57.1, 14%)
20. Barcelona (Spain, 57.1%, 14)
Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.