Eintracht Frankfurt are sweating over the health of top scorer Andre Silva, but Borussia Mેnchengladbach will welcome Marchus Thuram to a meeting at the Deutsche Bank Arena (Tuesday at 5.30pm GMT).
>> Click here for the Frankfurt-Gladbach Live Blog!
Silva was fit enough to train individually just last week due to constant muscle tension in the second half of Frankfurt’s 2-2 draw with Borussia Dortmund. The Interact’s seven-goal striker missed a 2-1 defeat to Wolfsburg on Friday, but it could be demonstrated in the limited capacity of Germany’s financial capital. Bass Dost will likely start in the role of the lone striker, however, after returning to his starting line-up against former club Wolfsburg with his fourth goal of the season. Stephen Ilsankar was selected as Ayman Baroque in midfield, but was later removed from the bench and could be recalled. Napoli Loni also had a late role for Amin Younes after the illness and defeat. A minor injury puts Eric Dermney’s run in the narrow right-wing, with Danny da Costa on standby as the Eagles try to finish without winning seven matches.
Four points and one place better than Frankfurt, the eighth-ranked Gladbach in the table has won one of the last five Bundesliga matches, although it has lost only once at the time. Falls fought back with a goal to draw with Hertha Berlin on Saturday, as was the second goal of stand-in captain Brill Ambolo in several games. Regular skipper Lars Stindl, Alasane Playy and Thuram Falls started Hartha’s stalemate on the bench after their hard work during the successful UEFA Champions League group campaign, but he should be recalled to Frankfurt. Right-back Stephen Lenner is also expected to return, but the accumulation of yellow cards is the rule of midfielder Florian Nuh. With one doubt again on Yen Sommer, Tobias Cipel could continue between goal-posts. Winger Jonas Hoffman is definitely out.
See: Marcus Thuram helped Gladbach win 3-1 in Frankfurt last season.
- Frankfurt have taken a 1-0 lead against Gladbach (49) more times than any other club.
- Martin Hintereger’s first 10 Bundesliga releases came in 2015/16 in a Gladbach shirt.
- Digriel Soe also played for the Falcons between 2015 and 2017, although he made only one appearance for them.
- After playing five setbacks throughout the 2019/20 league campaign, Gladbach has drawn five of 11 this season.
- Borussia are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Frankfurt (three wins, one draw). They have beaten Frankfurt eight times since trailing 1-0 – more than any other club.
- Thuram got the back of the net last season against Frankfurt, both outside the home and from home. He has scored twice this term in 11 Bundesliga matches, including the club’s best sign in the four-goal Stindle League.
Frankfurt: Trap – Abraham (C), Hintereger, N’Dica – Da Costa, So, Ilsankar, Caustic – Baroque, Kamada – Dost
Outside: Pain (hamstring), willems (knee)
Suspicious: Drum (hamstring), silva (muscular)
Coach: Adi Hatter
Gladbach: Sipple – Liner, Ginter, Alvedi, Wendt – Kramer, Zakaria – Ambolo, Stindle (C), Thuram – Plaia
Outside: Hoffman (thigh), Nuhus (suspended)
Suspicious: Bensabeni (not included), Somer (groin)
Coach: Marco Rose
Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.