This material will be of interest to users who want to know the consequences of disabling the MIUI optimization function. On Svyaz channel smartphone expert Xiaomi talks about why you should not turn it off.
The following are the “effects” that may appear on some smartphones in the Xiaomi ecosystem:
- The appearance in the setting of new items unusual for these solutions. For example, Redmi budget employees may have AOD.
- Change the size of the application icon.
- Incorrect display of contacts.
- Missing option to set your own tune and ringtone for calls.
- Failure to receive notifications from applications.
- Decreased free RAM due to wrong allocation of RAM.
- Incorrect information about storage conditions (often – in the “Others” subsection).
- Smooth on / off screen during conversation.
- Incorrect display of fonts.
- Rapid battery discharge due to spontaneous increase in operating frequency.
- Reset the DPI settings to the default level.
- Smartphone’s refusal to respond to commands given by three fingers.
- Screen flicker (most common on Poco models supporting 120Hz refresh rate).
If, after all of the above, you still want to resort to optimization – good luck! The command to restore the default values will help reverse the situation. To do this, you need to enter the “Menu for developers”, scroll down and roll back to the previous position (see the attached screenshot below).
Freelance twitter maven. Infuriatingly humble coffee aficionado. Amateur gamer. Typical beer fan. Avid music scholar. Alcohol nerd.