Navi Delhi: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has asked Aadhaar card holders to keep their mobile numbers updated in Aadhaar at all times. UIDAI has given this advice to protect itself from fraud. If the mobile number is not updated, fraud information will not be available from Aadhaar and will not be reported further.
UIDAI has cautioned the public that since Aadhaar must have a registered mobile number for online service, any number in Aadhaar must be updated. If the number changes after losing the mobile, then it should be updated in Aadhaar immediately. If no phone number is given in Aadhaar, then go to the nearest Aadhaar center and register immediately.
While generating Aadhaar, we have to provide email, address and mobile number. If something changes later, it will have to be updated. To find out whether the information in Aadhaar has been updated, you can verify it on the Aadhaar website. Follow the instructions given below to verify the mobile number and email.
How to verify mobile number and email?
*Visit the official website of UIDAI uidai.gov.in or click on https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
* After visiting the official website of UIDAI, click on ‘My Support’ option
* Now go to Aadhar Services tab and select Verify Email/Mobile Number
* Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number carefully here. Provide details like contact details, mobile number and email etc.
* Now complete the captcha verification
* Now Send OTP. click on
After this an OTP will come on your mobile number and email id. This will show that your mobile number and email id are registered in Aadhaar. If mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar then you can. To register or update mobile number in Aadhaar, the applicant has to visit the Aadhaar center. It takes 90 days for the number to be updated. Follow the instructions given below to register your mobile number with Aadhaar.
How to register mobile number in Aadhaar?
* Visit your nearest Aadhar center and fill the Aadhar card correction form.
* Enter mobile number to update in Aadhaar.
* Submit the correction form and provide your biometric data for authentication.
*Aadhaar center staff will give you the receipt.
*Update Request Number (URN) is mentioned on the receipt.
* Aadhar update status can be checked using the URN.
*After updating mobile number in Aadhaar (Update mobile number with Aadhaar), you do not need to take another Aadhaar card.
* As soon as your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar, Aadhaar OTP will start coming to your number.
* If you want UADAI’s toll-free number 1947. You can also check the updated status of Aadhaar by calling
Freelance twitter maven. Infuriatingly humble coffee aficionado. Amateur gamer. Typical beer fan. Avid music scholar. Alcohol nerd.