Apple recently officially announced A new version of the desktop operating system macOS Monterey. This OS has got many new features and capabilities. But, as it turned out, some of the more interesting innovations will not be available to owners of Mac computers and laptops with Intel processors. This is stated in a footnote in small print. on apple website.
Therefore, the following new features of macOS Monterey are available only to owners of systems with Apple M1 processors (and are not available on devices with Intel processors):
- FaceTime Portrait Mode, which blurs the background image during a video call;
- Live Text – the ability to interact with text in photos and images (for example, copy an address);
- New view of the globe in Apple Maps;
- More detailed maps in Apple Maps for selected cities including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and London;
- text-to-speech voice conversion in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish;
- offline dictation on devices without online access;
- Dictation on device without time limit (previously, dictation was limited to 60 seconds).
Thus, Apple is encouraging consumers to switch to their new computers and laptops with M1 chips if they want to get access to all the new features and capabilities of macOS Monterey.
a source: ledge
Freelance twitter maven. Infuriatingly humble coffee aficionado. Amateur gamer. Typical beer fan. Avid music scholar. Alcohol nerd.