Apple has surprised all its users with several updates, which it has added to its list of devices in 2021. Thus, in addition to the presentation of the new devices at this year’s ‘Apple Event, California Streaming’, The company founded by Steve Jobs decided to “spoil” people who already have one of his devices, hoping to retain them and why not, taking them to buy one of their new computers. Huh.
An example of this is the inclusion of a function that iPhone, iPad, or Mac users, as well as those with Android or Windows devices, have been waiting for a long time: Ability to make FaceTime video calls without an Apple product.
For months the company has been talking about this new feature that certainly breaks a paradigm in the way Apple deals with its direct competitors. Just as Microsoft is open to changes in its relationship with its commercial “enemies”, with the opening of ‘stands’ for Apple and Android applications in the Microsoft Store, With the update of FaceTime, the ‘bitten apple’ company has also taken a 180-degree turn in this competition.
This way, and with the new iOS 15, all participants in a FaceTime call will not need to have, for example, an iPhone; The only requirement is that the person serving as the host initiates the videoconference using an Apple device. Otherwise, your meeting aides can connect via Samsung, Xiaomi, Sony or any other device with the Android operating system or from any Windows computer.
Before pointing out step-by-step how users without an Apple product can interfere with FaceTime calls, it should be noted that this new process is not achieved by downloading an application (Apple did not reach the ), rather, the entire connection will be based on a link that the host will send from their device to their guests.
To know this information, all you have to do is follow the guide that Infobae brings down:
1. Open an app from iPhone, iPad, or Mac face time.
2. find option create link and tap this button.
3. Immediately a screen will appear that will slide down from the bottom that says Facetime Link. Enter chat name add name.
4. Similarly, a series of options will appear in which you can share the meeting link via email, Twitter, text message, calendar or other apps. However, if you wish, you can simply tap on copy And thus send the link to your clipboard and share it externally.
5. tap button Join To enter the call and wait for other participants.
1. Your contact with the Apple product sent you a link to an already created conversation, all you need to do is open it from your Android or Windows device.
2. Now you have to choose your preferred mobile or desktop browser, enter its name and tap to continue.
3. In the end, it remains only to wait for the host to give you access to the meeting and thus be able to enjoy this new experience.
It should be remembered that although this process can be done without the need for an application, Apple assures that this does not mean that calls are not end-to-end encrypted; Hence privacy will be protected even with this option.
Freelance twitter maven. Infuriatingly humble coffee aficionado. Amateur gamer. Typical beer fan. Avid music scholar. Alcohol nerd.