Open-source tool ExplorerPatcher can bring back the tiled Start menu from Windows 10 to Windows 11. In addition, the small tool enables a number of interesting interventions in the Start menu, which cannot be implemented with the operating system’s available on-board resources.
System Tool which is currently 22000.556.42.38 . version has been released explorer patcher The build supports all releases of Windows 11 up to and including 22000.556 and brings back the Start menu known from Windows 10 with an optional list of all installed apps and favorite applications pinned with the help of tiles. Windows 10 Start Menu can be completely restored with the tool.
In addition, the open source app supports a number of other adjustments that enable the different Start menu in the cover photo of this message.
- Choose between the Windows 11 or Windows 10 taskbar (with label support, small icons, and lots of customization).
- Disable Windows 11 Context Menu and Command Bar in File Explorer and more.
- Start for all apps by default, choose the number of consecutive apps to show, display on the active monitor, and more.
- Choose from Windows 11, Windows 10 and Windows NT Alt-Tab Window Switcher with Customization.
- Greatly improved quality of life for Shell, such as:
- Skin tray menus to match the Windows style, treat them like flyouts and center them relative to the icons.
- Select Actions by left and/or right clicking on the network icon.
- Return to the Windows 7 Search box in File Explorer, or disable Windows Search altogether.
- Disable immersive menu and use mitigation which helps you to play the real classic theme without glitches.
- Learn more about all the functionalities provided by this program, starting with this article in the wiki, here.
Explorer Patcher v22000.556.42.38
In addition, ExplorerPatcher has two new features that go beyond restoring the Start menu from Windows 10, as developer Valentin Gabriel Radu aka valinet In release notes The latest version announced on the developer platform GitHub.
Rounded corners and no more recommendation
As can be seen in the cover photo of this message, the tool enables to restore Windows 10 Start Menu. If desired, however, it can be provided with rounded corners of the Windows 11 GUI and thus the design can be better adapted to the new operating system.
The “Recommended” area in the Windows 11 Start Menu, which many users find annoying, can be hidden using the Explorer Patcher options and the received location can be fully utilized with pinned apps. An option that Microsoft has not yet included in Windows 11.
Free weather widget in notification area
Also new is the independent weather widget for Windows 11’s notification area, which does not require the news area that is otherwise displayed and can be displayed compactly or expanded.
download on github
Freelance twitter maven. Infuriatingly humble coffee aficionado. Amateur gamer. Typical beer fan. Avid music scholar. Alcohol nerd.