Ancelotti backs Everton to address defensive issues | Sports

  Ancelotti backs Everton to address defensive issues |  Sports
Manager Carlo Ancelotti says Everton have the quality in their squad to make up for the absence of injured defenders Seamus Coleman and Lucas Digny. – AFP image

LONDON, Dec. 5 – Everton have the quality in their squad to make up for the absence of injured defenders Seamus Coleman and Lucas Digne, but there is still room for improvement, manager Carlo Ancelotti said yesterday.

The club’s captain Coleman has resumed personal training by shaking a swallowing hamstring problem while Frenchman Digne is sticking to the ankle issue.

Everton visit 19th-placed Burnley in the Premier League on Saturday and Ancelotti will have to face his system of playing three central defenders instead of the four behind him.

“I think it’s a state of emergency, without two important players. It is only for this reason. We have quality in the team to play with three center backs because we have a very good back.

“We’re good aggressively, we had problems defensively. Every game is a test to see how it is and tomorrow I hope we can be better at this aspect.

Everton beat three straight leagues in a 2-2 win over Fulham last month, but crashed in last week’s 1-0 home defeat to Leeds United.

They have come in eighth with 16 goals from 16 games with 10 goals in the last 10 matches.

“Of course the result against Leeds was not good, but it was an open game. We want to stay connected to the top of the table so it’s important to get results tomorrow, “Ancelotti added.

“They (Burnley) are better now than they were at the start of the season. We know what kind of game to expect.” – Reuters

See also  UK ready to restart

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here