The newly released incident reports describe in detail the US Navy “UFO” encounters

0
16
Pentagon acknowledges UFOs

“The unknown plane appeared to be small in size, approximately the size of a suitcase and silver in color,” said a report describing an incident on March 26, 2014.

During that meeting one of the Navy’s F / A-18 jets “passed within 1000 ‘of the object, but was unable to positively determine the identity of the plane,” added the report, stating that the pilot of the United States Navy “attempted to regain eye contact with the plane, but was unable”.

CNN obtained the Navy Safety Center documents on Wednesday, previously labeled “For Official Use Only”. Followed by the official release of the Pentagon at the end of last month of three short videos showing “unidentified air phenomena” which had previously been made public by a private company.

Relationships were published for the first time by Drive, a website covering automotive news and military matters, which obtained the documents through a request from the Freedom of Information Act.

The videos show what appear to be unidentified flying objects that move quickly while being recorded by infrared cameras. Two of the videos contain naval airmen who react in amazement at the speed with which objects move. A rumor speculates that it could be a drone.

Objects could be drones

The recently published reports appear to share this assessment, describing many of the unidentified aircraft as “Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)”, the official name of the Pentagon for drone aircraft.

According to another report on the accident in November 2013, a pilot of the Navy F / A-18 “was able to visually acquire a small plane. The plane had a wingspan of about 5 feet and was white in color with no other distinguishing features”.

“Due to its small size, the plane was determined to be a UAS,” says the report.

Another incident on June 27, 2013 said the meeting “the plane was white in color and approximately the size and shape of a drone or missile,” according to the report.

But reports say that even when unidentified flying objects are rated as drones, the military was unable to identify who was operating the drone, presenting a major security challenge to Navy jet training in the area which are limited. in the ranges of military training airspace off the east coast of Virginia.

“After the flight, the inspection agency contacted several local UAS operators, but none claimed responsibility for the unidentified aircraft,” says the November report.

“I think it could only be a matter of time before one of our F / A-18 planes collided in mid-air with an unidentified UAS,” warned one of the authors of a report.

“In many ways,” drones “pose a greater risk in midair than manned planes. They are often less visually significant and less apparent radar than manned planes,” says the report.

There is also the possibility that the drones could be operated by an opponent like Russia or China who may have tried to gather information on the operations of the American army.

The Navy now has formal guidelines on how its pilots can report when they believe they have seen possible UFOs.

The videos of the meetings were first published between December 2017 and March 2018 by To The Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences, a company co-founded by former Blink-182 musician Tom DeLonge who claims to study information on aerial phenomena not identified.

The truth is out there

The Pentagon previously studied recordings of aerial encounters with unknown objects as part of a classified program that has since closed which was launched at the behest of Nevada’s former Senator Harry Reid. The program was launched in 2007 and ended in 2012, according to the Pentagon, because they rated that there were higher priorities that needed funding.

However, Luis Elizondo, former head of the ranked program, told CNN in 2017 who personally believes “there is very convincing evidence that we may not be alone”.

“These aircraft – we will call them aircraft – show characteristics that are not currently in the United States inventory or in any foreign inventory that we are aware of,” Elizondo said of objects they studied. He says he quit the Department of Defense in 2017 to protest the secret surrounding the program and internal opposition to funding.

President Donald Trump called the Pentagon video recently released a “hell of a video” and told Reuters that he wonders “if it’s real”.

“I just wonder if it’s real,” Trump said of the videos. “This is one hell of a video.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here