Catherine spends all of her year’s savings to buy her son a Christmas present, but realizes the deception too late…

Catherine spends all of her year's savings to buy her son a Christmas present, but realizes the deception too late...

In this festive season, we all want to gift our near and dear ones. But we must be more careful than ever, as scams abound, and malicious people are taking advantage of the crisis to trap the less observant.

Catherine McGill, a 53-year-old Scottish woman, can attest to this. And to avoid others being framed like him, he decided to tell of his misadventure to the British newspapers.

It must be said that the scam suffered by this resident of Glasgow cost him around 900 Euros. Actually, Catherine wanted to buy a new smartphone for her 16-year-old son Patrick. When he found a Samsung S22 Ultra selling for 750 pounds sterling (around 900 euros) on Facebook’s selling platform Marketplace, he thought he had found a good deal. Because it sells for around 1,200 euros in Samsung stores…

“I was a little nervous about transacting through the marketplace, but everything is so expensive that I wanted to save money,” she told the Daily Record. But the opposite happened. The money he had saved throughout the year was gone when he found out that the smartphone he had just bought was fake.

The problem is that he didn’t realize it right away. Although Catherine had some apprehension at the time of the exchange, she even asked the seller to reveal his identity on the video. Which he did without batting an eyelid. But, after a while, when he tried to contact her again to tell her that he noticed it was a fake smartphone, she never responded again. “It ruined our holiday season. I am heartbroken and can’t stop crying when I think about what happened.”

See also  EU considers banning visa-free travel to Ukraine - Radio Liberty - UNIAN

The DailyRecord did a little investigation of its own and managed to contact the alleged seller, who assured that he lived in Southampton, in the south of England, and had not been to Glasgow for more than three years.

The police handled the matter.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here