The army and several army leaders said the missing Indonesia submarine was found deep in the Bali Sea, which broke into at least three pieces.
Earlier, on Sunday morning, the President of Indonesia announced that the search for a submarine missing from the Indonesian army north of the island of Bali was declared complete. Also, the Head of State expressed condolences to the kin of 53 people.
Military and Navy change status of KRI Nangla 402 submarine President Joko Widodo told reporters. The 44-year-old military device has been recorded as “disconnected” since it went missing on Wednesday. It has now been changed to the “sunk” category. All of us Indonesians express their deep sadness over this tragedy, especially to the family members of the crew. Head of state added.
On Sunday, several new items were found in the ambulance, including a life jacket, possibly belonging to 44-year-old KRI Nangla-402.
Evidence suggests that KRI-Nangla killed and killed the crew Marshal Hadi Tajhanto told reporters.
Navy Commander-in-Chief Yudo Maragano said the crew could not be blamed for the crash.
KRI Nanggala was torn in three parts and several cracks were found in the hull. The Commander-in-Chief of the Indonesian Navy said.
On Saturday, research teams found some items from the submarine near the dive, including pieces of statues and a tube of lubricant to the periscope.
Previously, the sensors located the submarine at a depth of 850 meters with a maximum dive depth of 500 meters.
Experts said the submarine may have fragments.
Submarine research was conducted with the aid of the United States, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and India, with more than a dozen helicopters and ships.
The 1977 German-built KRI Nangla 402 submarine has been part of the South East Asian Islands fleet since 1981. Between 2010 and 2012, the submarine underwent a complete overhaul at a South Korean shipyard.
Amateur web specialist. General food junkie. Typical zombie enthusiast. Avid music trailblazer. Lifelong explorer.