Republican Senator Mitt Romney is known for his sharp criticism of former President Donald Trump.
He did the same during the first Supreme Court case against the former president, then as the only Republican. Trump was acquitted in both High Court cases.
Romney said after the January 6 attack on Congress, “President Trump has insulted the American electorate, shaming the electoral system and humiliating the presidency.”
– He will win the nomination
Although Romney is a staunch critic of Trump, he does have one thing. He believes the former president will win the nomination to become the Republican presidential candidate in 2024.
This, of course, leads to speculation that Trump is standing for election, something he has not currently said he would do.
“I don’t know if he will leave in 2024, but if he does, I’m sure he’s going to win the nomination,” Romney said in a new interview. new York Times.
– Win with an electoral landslide
The Trump critic said that “a lot can happen between now and 2024”, adding:
– I look at the polls, and surveys show that if you put Donald Trump among the Republicans, among the names mentioned as possible candidates in 2024, he wins by a landslide.
– Great effect
– He is the greatest voice ever, and he has considerable influence in my party, Romney continued to the New York Times.
When asked by leading newspapers whether he would fight Trump, Romney replied:
– I will not vote Trump again. I have not voted for him before, and I would probably support someone who I believe represents the small wing of the Republican Party that I represent.
Expected to speak
Many American media have experienced this.
According to the media, Trump will say in the speech that he will be the Republican “” eclipse “” candidate during the 2024 election.
The future of the Republican Party is among the topics Trump’s summit is expected to discuss.
– I still decide
In addition to the future of the Republican Party, it is expected that Trump will talk about the conservative movement, as well as US President Joe Biden’s immigration and border policy, according to the media.
– I may not have Twitter or the Oval Office, but I still decide, according to an adviser, the speech will contain Trump’s message the axe Has spoken to.
The speech will be delivered at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Orlando, Florida, one of the largest annual conservative meetings in the United States.
Trump has also not commented on whether he will deliver the speech next Sunday, or what the content of the speech will be.
He also did not comment on Romney’s latest statement that he would win if he was nominated as a Republican presidential candidate in 2024.
Amateur web specialist. General food junkie. Typical zombie enthusiast. Avid music trailblazer. Lifelong explorer.