CEO Rio Tinto leaving the company after the destruction of the holy sites

Rio Tinto chief executive Jean-Sebastian Jack to leave Anglo-Australian Australian mining giant by March Destruction of Australian Australian Indigenous Sacred Places To consume iron ore, the company said on Friday.

“Significant stakeholders have expressed concern about executive liability for reported failures,” Rio Tinto said in a statement.

By mutual agreement, Jack will step down after a replacement is appointed or on March 31, whichever is earlier.

Executives Chris Salisbury and Simon Niven will leave the company on December 31.

Rio Tinto announced last month that Jack, who has been living in the state of Western Australia for 2,000,000 years, will receive a bonus of Rs. million million dollars and Salisbury and Niven will lose about $ 700,000.

Rio Tinto concluded in an internal review last month that “there is not a single root cause or error that directly results in the destruction of shelters.”

But internal documents revealed last week that traditional owners, Putu Kunti Kurma and Pinikura, who were involved with the Rio Tinto law firm, had applied for a court order to protect the rock shelters.

The Western Australian government has promised to update the Indigenous Heritage Act, which allowed the Rio Tinto to legally destroy sacred sites.

Jamie Lowe, chief executive of the National Original Title Council, which represents traditional landowners in Australia, said he had called on Rio Tinto to take more action than cutting executive bonuses.

Download NBC News app For breaking news and politics

Law welcomed the decision to replace the three officers.

See also  Want a big boost from Social Security? 4 Ways to Snag One

“They need to have a consistent theme that shows they are aware of the primitive cultural heritage and its preservation,” Lowe said of the mining companies.

The traditional owners of rock shelters, Putu Kunti Kurma and Pinikura Aboriginal Corp., had no comment on how to bring about a change in the leadership of Ryu Tinto.

“We will continue to work with Rio Tinto after the Juican Gorge tragedy. “Our focus is on the preservation of Aboriginal heritage and the advocacy of various changes to ensure that such tragedies never happen again,” the corporation said in a statement.

“We cannot and will not allow this type of destruction to occur again,” the statement added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here