Tuesday 16 February 2021
Lower Saxony and Bremen
Groot says after Os in Osnabrück: “Very disappointed”
Osnabrück (dpa / lni) – Following his release from VfL Osnabrück, coach Marco Grote is confident that he would have thrown the team of the second division football team out of a crisis if they had been on the job. “I think she will manage to stay upstairs. But I’m also sure we would have made it together,” said the 48-year-old from “Neu Osnabrucker Zeitung” (Tuesday). After separating, he was “very disappointed,” Groot said. “But I know that such a situation is an occupational risk and as a coach with seven defeats you don’t have the best arguments on your side.”
VFL Osnabrück fell to 15th place in the second division and is just four points ahead of the charge counter-attack. Grummt was released on Monday, a day after the 0–1 defeat at Darmstadt 98. At the moment, U19 coach Florian Fuland has performed his duties.
“So far, I’m assuming Florian will be the coach against Heidenheim,” said managing director Benjamin Schmandes, referring to the game on Saturday. “At the same time, I’m in talks with potential external candidates for the head coach position – I informed Florian.”
Schmedes did not mention the names of potential successors of Grote. He described the coach’s profile he was looking at as follows: “Ideally, he knows 2. Bundesliga and has already proven that he can successfully cope with a comparable situation.”
There is speculation, among other things, about former Sandzone coach Yuve Koschinat and Dimitrios Gramozis, who had already been in discussions with the Purple-Whites over the summer as the successor to HSV coach Daniel Thieoun. Another candidate is said to be Daniel Stendell. The 46-year-old already trained at Hannover 96 and was most recently active at the Heart of Midlothian in Scotland.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210216-99-460838 / 2
Amateur web specialist. General food junkie. Typical zombie enthusiast. Avid music trailblazer. Lifelong explorer.