After Sky signed a partnership with BVB a week ago, Sport1 is now launching a new podcast about black and yellow. Meanwhile, Sky is with RB Leipzig’s women’s team. Also: Cricket is on German television.
A four-part documentary about Saxony’s football women has been streaming on Sky since last Thursday: “A strong team? Die Frauen von RB Leipzig » is about the Bundesliga men’s counterpart and a team that wants to move from the second Bundesliga north to the upper house in the current season. Each episode lasts 30 minutes and looks behind the scenes of an ambitious project with players who still have jobs with or are studying football.
Sport1 Podcast: “The Dortmund Week”
Sport1 now has “Die Dortmund-Woche”, a new podcast by two journalists Patrick Berger and Oliver Müller, who talk about current issues at Borussia Dortmund and take a behind the scenes look at the Bundesliga club. Since last week, the podcast has been available every Tuesday on podcast.sport1.de, in the Sport 1 app and on all the usual streaming portals. Last week’s premiere episode was about the shaky BVB defense and insights into Jude Bellingham and Erling Haaland.
DAZN accomplishes common goal
Streaming service DAZN has joined the common goal movement and aims to bring about social change through sports. The partnership means that DAZN provides a percentage of the time and resources of its global employees. With both organizations bundling their networks, the media company seeks to provide content on football topics of gender equality, equality of all skin colours, and cultural diversity. The Common Goal is now supported by over 200 players, including Germany’s Serge Gnabry, Mats Hummels and Timo Werner. The initiative was co-founded by Manchester United actor Juan Mata. Professionals and coaches donate a percentage of their salaries to support global social projects related to football.
Coach debut at ProSieben Maxx
Antonio di Salvo succeeds Stefan Kuntz as the coach of the Germany U21 national team. And his debut in European Championship qualification against Israel can be seen live on ProSieben Max on Thursday, 7 October at 5:45 pm. The game is played in Paderborn. And five days later in Hungary. Nevertheless, the station broadcasts live.
Cricket EM Sport1+ . live on
There are games that not everyone does. Cricket, for example, is a kind of baseball, but in this country only sports insiders know their way. Anyway, the European Cricket Championship is now going to be held in Malaga, Spain? And is it Germany? And also Sport1+. This European Championship with 15 countries will run till 8 October. The broadcaster promises over 55 hours of live play, including all games in Germany, against Italy at 8:55 am this Monday and against England four hours later. Harmanjot ?? Rohit ?? Finland and Czech Republic are the other opponents in the preliminary round for the team around Sing and Abdul-Shakoor Rahimzei.
Next week’s game highlights:
*Monday, at 12.55 pm: Germany ?? England (Cricket, European Championship in Spain, Sport1+)
* Monday, 5 p.m.: Chicago Falls Classics (tennis, WTA Women’s Gymnasts, DAZN)
* Monday, 6.15 pm: MSV Duisburg – VfL Wolfsburg (Soccer, DFB Women’s Cup, Sky)
* Monday, 8.45 pm: FC Venice – FC Turin (Football from Italy, Serie A, DAZN)
* Monday, 11.30 pm.: Third League Pure (Summary of Weekend Games, Sport 1)
* Tuesday, 2:15 am: Dallas Cowboys – Philadelphia Eagles (Football, NFL, DAZN)
* Tuesday, 1.30 pm: Giro di Sicilia (Bicycle Race, First Stage, Eurosport)
* Tuesday, 3 pm: Crow Race (Bicycle Tour, 1st Leg, Eurosport)
* Tuesday, 6.45 pm: Including ALBA Berlin ?? Fraport Skyliners (Basketball, Bundesliga, Magenta TV)
* Tuesday, 6.45 pm: RB Leipzig ?? Club Brugge (Football, Champions League, DAZN)
* Tuesday, 8:50 pm: Borussia Dortmund ?? Sporting Lisbon (Football, Champions League, Amazon Prime Video)
* Wednesday, 5 pm: Eye Tour of Eurometropol (one-day cycling race, Eurosport)
* Wednesday, 6.15 pm: Hamburg Towers – Niners Chemnitz (Basketball, Bundesliga, Magenta TV and Sport 1)
* Wednesday, 8.45 pm: SG Flensburg-Handwit – Paris Saint-Germain (Handball, Champions League, DAZN)
* Wednesday, 9 pm: Bayern Munich – Dynamo Kiev (Football, Champions League, DAZN)
* Wednesday, 11 pm: Champions League (summary of games, ZDF)
* Thursday, 3 pm: Alfred Dunhill Lynx Championship (Golf, European Tour from Carnoustie and Kingburn, Scotland, Sky)
* Thursday, 6:35 pm: Royal Antwerp FC – Eintracht Frankfurt (Football, Europa League, TV Now)
* Thursday, 6.45 pm: TBV including Lemgo Lippe – HBW Ballingen-Weilstetten (Handball, Bundesliga, Sky)
* Thursday, 6.45 pm: BB Löwen Braunschweig – SYNTAINICS MBC (Basketball, Bundesliga, Magenta TV)
* Thursday, 7.15 pm: Adler Mannheim – Kölner Hai (ice hockey, DEL, Magenta TV)
* Thursday, 7.50pm: Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv – Bayern Munich (Basketball, Euroleague, Magenta TV)
* Thursday, 8.15 pm: Celtic Glasgow Bayer 04 Leverkusen (Football, Europa League, RTL)
* Thursday, 20.45: Montpellier HB – THW Kiel (Handball, Champions League, DAZN)
* Friday, 12 noon: Astana Open (Women’s Tennis Tournament, Semifinals, DAZN)
* Friday, 6 pm: Werder Bremen – 1. FC Heidenheim & Erzgebirge AU – Hamburger SV (Football, 2. Bundesliga, Sky)
* Friday, 6.30 pm: 1. FC Saarbrücken Eintracht Braunschweig (Football, Third League, Magenta TV)
* Friday, 19.00: UA EHC Red Bull Munich – Grizzlies Wolfsburg (Ice Hockey, DEL, Magenta TV)
* Friday, 7 pm: 1. FC Cologne – Bayern Munich (Football, Women’s Bundesliga, Magenta TV)
* Friday, 8.45 pm: FC Barcelona – Alba Berlin (Basketball, Euroleague, Magenta TV)
* Friday, 10.30 pm: Second League (Football, Summary of Friday’s games, one)
* Saturday, 1 pm: DTM (Motorsport, Touring Car, Season 13 at Hockenheimring, Sat.1)
* Saturday, 2 pm: MSV Duisburg – SV Maypen (Football, 3rd League. WDR)
* Saturday, 2 pm: Summer Grand Prix (ski jumping from Klingenthal, MDR)
* Saturday, 3 pm: Paris – Roubaix (Women’s Cycle Race, Eurosport)
* Saturday, 3 pm: Superbike World Championship (Portimao, Portugal, motorcycle race from Servus TV)
* Saturday, 5 pm: SSC Schwerin – Dresdner SC (Volleyball, Women’s Supercup, Sport 1)
* Saturday, 8.30 pm: 1. FC Nuremberg – Hannover 96 (Football, 2. Bundesliga, Sport1)
* Sunday, 3 pm: Porsche Carrera Cup (Motorsport, Sport1 at Sachsenring)
* Sunday, 4.10 pm: World Rally Championship (Motorsport from Finland, Servus TV)
* Sunday, 4:55 pm: Bietigheim Steelers – Isberen Berlin (Ice Hockey, DEL, Sport1)
* Sunday, 6 p.m.: Americans’ GP (motorcycle race, Servus TV)
* Sunday, 6:55 p.m.: American football at ProSieben Max; The pairing had not yet been determined at the time of going to press.
Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.