– Note: The Colts missed out on rookie, with fourth-round pick Jacob Eisen of 2020, his third quarterback was the third quarterback on Pte Chad Kelly, who was pardoned. Head coach Frank Rack is usually traditionalist when it comes to just two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster, but the Covid-19 epidemic is leading many teams this year to go with three QBs.
– Note: No surprises here. The Colts have a cold running back room in the NFL; After rushing to seventh in the league last year, Taylor’s addition to the second round of this year’s NFL Draft will further strengthen the group.
– Note: While the first four receivers – TY Hilton, Zac Pascal, Paris Campbell and Michael Pitman Jr. – were not surprised, the big battle in the camp was for the final one or two venues. Due to Ashton Dulin’s special teams and the sixth round pick of the 2020 Desmond Patmon, who actually came to a strong position in the final week or training camp, the Colts will choose to go with six wide receivers early in the second straight season.
– Note: Trey Burton is likely to miss at least the first couple of games of the season, following calf injuries during the team’s final training camp training at Lucas Oil El Stadium last Saturday, says head coach Frank Rack. If the Colts choose to put Burton on the injured reserve, which will force him to miss at least the first three games of the season, it is likely that the team will find three available players in position to add another tight end soon. Heading into Week 1.
– The Colts returned their opening five offensive linemen – Anthony Castanzo on the left, Quentin Nelson on the left, Ryan Kelly on the center, Mark Glowinski on the right and Braden Smith on the right – for the third season; That group is considered the best in the league. The question in the training camp was who would build the next depth. Danny Pinter, who was elected in the fifth-round in 2020 after exiting Ball State, seems to have the top backup in both the guard and center, while Le’Ravan Clarke and Chase Green are the top backup tackles.
Total coffee specialist. Hardcore reader. Incurable music scholar. Web guru. Freelance troublemaker. Problem solver. Travel trailblazer.