Gregory McMichael told police after the shooting that he and his son chased Arbery because they thought he looked like a suspect in a series of recent raids, police reports said. A fight ensued between Arbery and Travis McMichael, who was armed with a shotgun, according to the report and a video that appears to show the accident. Arbery has been shot three times, including two in the chest, according to a report from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation autopsy.
No intrusion sequence was reported in more than seven weeks before Arbery died. And the new surveillance video taken from a house under construction in which Arbery entered the day of his death is creating more questions, as it is clear that he was not the only one to enter the property.
New surveillance videos released
CNN obtained 11 surveillance videos from 25 October 2019 to 23 February 2020 by lawyer J. Elizabeth Graddy, who represents English on Saturday. Two of these videos were obtained by CNN earlier this week and six others were posted on Friday.
Some of the videos provided were dated October 25 2019, November 18 2019, December 17 2019, February 11 2020 and February 23 2020. The videos with the dates were sent to CNN by Graddy with the dates as titles.
Eight clips were dated and three clips, two depicting children entering the house and one clip showing a man and woman entering, were not dated.
On October 25, the night video shows a black adult male walking around the house, which is under construction and up to the studs.
Within a month, a black adult male is seen at home in two separate videos filmed on November 18th. The man is shirtless and walks around the house.
The following month, December 17th, three separate clips show a black adult male walking around the house at night before running empty-handed.
On February 11, the video shows the headlights of cars passing in front of the house at night before a black adult male is seen walking around the house.
The last video, which is the only video that has been confirmed as Arbery, was shot on February 23rd. He shows it as he walks through the house which is still under construction.
It is confirmed that only one video is Arbery
Arbery’s family previously confirmed to CNN that a video, dated February 23, 2020, concerned his entry into the house before filming.
When asked about the new videos, S. Lee Merritt, the Arbery family’s attorney, said he would not continue to ask the family about the people seen in the surveillance videos.
“I chose to stop questioning Ahmaud Arbery’s grieving family on the images of the cameras mounted on the Larry English construction site, since Mr. English himself claimed that no criminal activity ever took place there and it is clear that Ahmaud he was on the scene in the past with many other people, “Merritt said in a note sent to CNN.
Graddy told CNN that the homeowner doesn’t know anyone seen in the videos that have been streamed to his phone from his security system every time someone enters the property.
“We don’t know who any of the individuals in the night videos are and who they never have,” Graddy said in an email release. “The reason Larry English sent the videos to his neighbor … in the first place was to ask, ‘Do you know any of these people?'”
Angela Barajas and Martin Savidge of CNN contributed to this report.
Coffee enthusiast. Travel scholar. Infuriatingly humble zombie fanatic. Thinker. Professional twitter evangelist.