Hard blow to the blues. After coach Fabine Galthy, XV’s France Antoni Dupont’s score half tested positive for the Kovid-19 on Friday, ten days before the match against Scotland in the six-nation tournament.
Earlier in the week, FFR had already explained that three members of the Blues management had also tested positive, including Fabine Galthy and forward coach William Servet.
Eleven other Tests were also negative among the players called to prepare for the match against Scotland on 28 February: Captain Charles Olivan, center Arthur Vincent, front line Dorian Aldegeri, Julian Marchand, Pito Mouwaka and Cyril Ballet. Second row Paul Wilmsay and Romain Taofifenua, third row Dylan Cretin and three-quarters Anthony Boutier and Louis Carbonell.
Results for 19 other players in the group of 31 are expected shortly.
DuPont “will remain in isolation for the next few days,” said the federation, which suggests the player is asymptomatic.
The undisputed holders, Toulouse (24 years, 29 selections) can however return in time to challenge Chardon’s XV since the extension of the quarantine period, which will have to go through seven to ten days, with effect only from Monday.
“One after the other in favor of FFR” After seven days of separation, it is a game decision. “
On the condition of being negative during the next test. In the event of bad news, he may be replaced by Clarmonois Sebastian Bezzi (age 29, 8 cap), replacing Ptolemian Baptist Serine (age 26, 40 cap), both of whom N9 called for preparations for the meeting from Sunday to Marcoussis (Essonne ) in.
– Oliven Negative –
The players were also released on Wednesday evening and would not return to CNR until Sunday, where they would be tested again.
For Six Nations, we are not too worried and are in contact with the organizer FFR.
After the tests on Monday and Wednesday, there is no XV of Ireland positive for the Kovid-19 following the test conducted by coach Andy Farrell.
On the French side, players of the French Rugby Sevens team have pulled out of Madrid’s resumption tournament due to multiple cases within the workplace.
Prior to the trip to Ireland, the high-intensity Septists joined the XV in France for some training.
But according to Sports Minister Roxana Marcinieu, the health protocol was respected.
“There were matches with France’s VII in fact. It was entirely within the protocol that was proposed to us as being very cautious was likely to break out of the bubble. Players also moved into their families (from Wednesday) . Sunday, editor’s note) “, on Friday morning France info the minister’s estimate.
“It was part of the protocol with an extended bubble for those who are tested regularly and who are under very strict health protocols,” she said.
The Blues persist on two successes, in Italy (50–10) then in Ireland (15–13). After Scotland, France’s XV should travel to England on 13 March, before acquiring Wales next week.
The road to a first Grand Slam since 2010 promises to be complex.